Monday, June 16, 2008

The Squirrel!!!

Audrey had a birthday party Saturday afternoon. We had just dropped her off, when a black squirrel ran out in front of the car. I then proceeded to watch its last moments of life in the rear view mirror. Wes put his hand over the mirror so that I could not watch anymore. I was crying and was feeling as though I was a murderer. I could not believe how bad I felt, I had not taken a life (not including insects, they don't count) since 1996 when I hit a rabbit with a U-Haul. I know many of you are probably thinking I am pathetic, that it was only a squirrel but I was sad for taking another life. I started thinking of the reasons the squirrel was crossing the road: he was on his way to his wedding with his squirrel girlfriend who had just came out of a comma and they had been waiting for this day for years...and I Jenny Jordan just struck him dead with the car. Wes, said that it was a girl squirrel on her way to the hospital to give birth to triplets. These scenarious were not helping the situation. So my sweet husband did what any loving man would, he told me the squirrel had just murdered a whole family of chipmunks and was on the run and I had just done the forest community a great service. I started to feel better. To think the majority of you are related to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe. your husband is funny

princessica said...

thats a sad start, did you have a choice? I have been in that position before- its either slow down to a stop, or vear our of the way or keep on going, rather than risk the car behind you plowing into you. Whats with things running into your car? didnt you hit a duck too? they are suicide crossers!
You two are creative- good stories!
xoxo Jessica