Sunday, June 1, 2008

Checking Out The OCD Way!!

I don't know about everyone else, but I have an exact system of how I put my groceries on the conveyor belt at the grocery store. All the "same items" have to be grouped together as they are bagged and in a certain order; i.e....cans with the cans, then boxed goods, produce, I think you get the point. My BIGGEST PET PEEVE is when the bagger puts my meat in with groceries that are not meat, I literally freak out...BACTERIA, people, really bad bacteria!!!

I know this system may sound ridiculous but it makes putting away your groceries at home so much easier. Your cold items stay cold and your bread or a box does not get squashed by a heavier item because they are not in the same bag. This also determines what order the bags go back into the cart. Items that should not be within close proximity of each other are not. In other words, your rolls are not going to be pancakes by the time they leave the store. Another really good point (that Wes just made) is that it helps an inexperienced bagger get you out of the store quicker and teaches him/her how to bag. Just doing my part to make the World a better place:)

3 comments:

marcie said...

Holy cow, Mike is the same way; he gets so angry, but doesn't say anything. But what he will do is literally re-bag everything while he glowers down at the little person who had no idea what they were doing. He's starting to pass some of it on to me... Heaven help the world!!

princessica said...

are we sure we arent sisters?
( lol!)

Cecily said...

I do the same thind, exactly!!! It just makes sense!!!