Monday, June 23, 2008

Love Robbie

Every year when school is finished, I go through the school work (we have collected enough paper to reforest the Amazon) and keep what I think will be cherished and recycle the rest. Audrey had a booklet from being "Star of the Week"...that is when you get special attention and get to do special activities that spotlight the child (unfortunately, Audrey was star of the week when she got the flu and was out 3 of the 5 days). All the kids from her class drew her a picture in this book. One in particular caught my attention, my mouth dropped to the floor...he wrote her a note:

"Dear Audrey,
I mist you so much. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday were lamb days! Near Easter I hope you will be back! Happy St. Paddys Day Audrey!
LOVE,
Robbie

This kid said "Love" to our little girl. It was cute and scary at the the same time. Ironically enough, the Friday I found the note, all the 2nd graders went to the park for the day, and the parents were allowed to go to spend time with their child. Wes went over (I had to wait for Hannah to get home) and Audrey introduced Wes to Robbie's Dad. I guess 3 minutes into their converstation, Robbie's Dad leaned over to Wes and told him that his boy had it really bad for our girl. I would have paid money to see Wes's face.
Poor Robbie, Audrey has a crush on Ethan...you jut have to say his name and she turns bright red. Unrequited love.

0 comments: