Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Spectacled Girl

Audrey went to the Optomertrist today and we confirmed what we knew was only the inevitable, Audrey needs glasses. She is near-sighted and has a small astigmatism. She only has to wear them when looking at the chalk board or watching T.V., it is nice that she is not going to have to wear them all the time.

Audrey is very happy to be getting glasses, she thinks it is cool that she is going to have glasses like me....I am glad she has such a great attitude. I was hoping that she was going to have Wes's perfect eyesight. At least she has really nice frames (small wired and blue, (her favorite color) she looks really good in them...they make her look really smart).

I could not help flashing back to when I was her age and Mom took me to go and get a new pair of glasses (I have been wearing glasses since I was 4). My prescription was so high tht I had to have really thick lenses and they would only fit into certain frames. To top it off, Mom did not have a lot of money to spend so I ended up with these HUGE coke bottle frames (they looked more like a six pack) that pretty much covered my entire face...they were so big that the boys in school called me 8 eyes. Thank goodness for advances in eyewear!!!

1 comments:

princessica said...

But you were so cute in those glasses hun! I remember thinking you were so cool, and wanting to be just like you :)
Just like your little one.
YOu have no idea the calliber of your coolness.