Monday, July 7, 2008

That's It I Am Moving To Sparta...

I am so ready to move out of New York. I am fed up with the people, the driving, the weather and the 25 cent gas tax added onto already extreme gas prices. We are paying on average $4.23 a gallon (I feel for California, they are probably the only other State paying the same or more for gas...Love you Megan). For some reason I thought the rest of the East Coast was paying the same ridiculous price we are, but I was wrong. Who knew that going on vacation and leaving New York would save us money on gas. $4.07 was the average price in Delaware and D.C. (except downtown D.C. which was $4.36 a gal, and why pay that when you can drive 5 minutes and pay $4.07) and Virginia. I thought those prices were fantastic and had already started my grumbling about how much we are paying for gas at home...but then we were in N.W. Maryland and Gettysburg Pennsylvania and the gas was $3.89!!!!! The smile on my face was like Christmas morning. I actually felt euphoria. Of course we stopped and put gas in the car even though we did not need to.

New York needs to put a moratorium on their Gas Tax until prices come down. I think that it is ridiculous that we are paying taxes to support New York City. I do not live in New York City; we live in UPSTATE New York (5 hrs away) and that is why we have such high taxes on EVERYTHING!!!! I have heard Up Staters complain about supporting the city for the last two years but not until now did I feel like piceting for the cause.

Hawaii has a gas cap on their gas. Why can't we? They did that a few years ago before we were all paying for the gas execs to take their year long vacations to Monaco in their multi - million dollar yachts.
What really disappoints me is that Hillary Clintion is our Senator and while she was compaigning for the Presidential Nomination she was more worried about "trying" to get something done for the Nations gas when in fact she could have been trying to practice what she preached right here at home...after all she represents New York State, just not the City. Who knows maybe if she culd have worked a bill into the New York State Senate to relieve some of our burden other States would have seen her compentence and she would have the nomination now.

1 comments:

andalsness said...

In your post's title you're quoting some animation movie character (I don't remember which movie, maybe Hercules or so) aren't you? I remember this line, it was brilliant, in some scene where the Thebes citizens were debating the city's problems. ahahah It just came to my mind and googled it ahah brilliant.