Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Facebook

I can not believe how many people Wes knows on Facebook. He opened a Facebook page last week and has already accumlated 35+ friends. The majority are his Fraternity brothers and people he went to college with back in the 90's.
We are pretty much in a tie for how many friends we have but I am making it my mission (I have nothing better to do, ok I do...but a little competition between each other is good) to get more friends than he does.

I have found that 30 and older tend to be on Facebook and people under 30 are on Myspace...unless you are like me and are on both because you are a complete cyber junkie (I am also on Orkut...hi Cris!!). I am thankful for Myspace and Facebook...being so far from home and my friends and loved ones is hard but these sites really help me so that I don't feel so disconnected. I am able to talk to my family/friends on all sides and I often feel like I live right next door instead of 1000s of miles away. I know that a lot of people have made the arguement that these sites are there to abuse and help perpetrate crimes, I know this happens, but in the hands of responsible individuals with good intentions Myspace and Facebook are truly a godsend to those of us who are so far away from those we love.

1 comments:

princessica said...

Yes! I am with you on this one! I love facebook and myspace, and I am thankful for them. I also like having this blogg too. it helps us stay in touch and in the "know" about random thjings you just wouldnt really bring up in a phoone conversation!
xoxo