Monday, December 22, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

Its been quite busy around the Jordan casa these last few weeks. I am forcing myself to sit down and blog, before I forget everything that has happened.



We went to Niagara Falls for our friends' wedding the first weekend in Dec. It is an extreamly beautiful place to get married - in JULY - it was sooooooo cold. Niagara Falls in December is just painfull! The wedding was very quaint but nice and even though I was an ice cube we were happy to be part of their celebration.

We went and saw Bolt. That is a really cute movie. I think Wes and I enjoyed it just as much as the girls did. Then the Stomach Flu hit ... I am so happy that we got it in the beginning of December and not around Christmas.

Wes and I got this year's Christmas card put together, which always takes so much time ... that also explains my lack of blogging (not to mention the other "project" that needs to be finished by Dec 25th).

Saturday the 13th Wes and I were able to attend the Welch Allyn Christmas party. We had so much fun. We both got gussied up, got a sitter and braved the weather. They had complimentary Valet parking, that made going worth it right there and then. The party was at Welch Allyn's Lodge (In the February issue of Martha Stewart Weddings, there will be an article on the Lodge). A beautiful building, very romantic and rustic ... the snow added a very "Look I'm on the cover of a Christmas Card" kind of feel (maybe that will be next year's card). They had a roaring fire inside and hot chocolate when you walked through the door. There was tons of food. Wes and I had thirds ... I shocked all our friends at the table. I think I finally probed to them that I am not anorexic and do know how to use a fork and a spoon. I will give the quality of food a 7.5 ... not bad for a work Christmas party. The wait staff was nice and very prompt, almost too prompt, you got up to get something and your food would disappear. They had fondue fountains for dessert and several types of pastries.
We went on a horse drawn carriage ride. I know it sounds romantic, doesn't it? Well, I started having flashbacks of Niagara Falls ... it was so cold. Me in my little red dress (which by the way was not too little, just was made of really thin fabric) and heels. I was squished between two of my girlfriends from "work" so that we could share the blanket. Wes sat across from me. I felt so bad for those horses having to take people around the lake, over and over again, in the freezing cold weather.
Before the hypothermia started to set in we made it back to the Lodge and sat in front of the fire to thaw out. Dave Allyn (the great-grandson of the founder of Wes's work) has a band and they were REALLY good. They could play anything. They guy sang an AC/DC song and sounded just like Brian Johnson. It was insane. Anybody that knows me knows that the minute I get the music bug you can't get me off the dance floor ... I am not shy about feeling like I am making a fool of myself. Wes caught the bug, which is really rare, and danced the night away with me, it made me feel so loved and cared for. We had a great time at the Christmas party and it really set the mood to start the holiday season.

We have soooooooo much snow!!!! If places like California and Vegas are getting snow just think how much more we are getting. It is snowing almost every other day and just dropping truck loads ... not to mention how cold it has been. This last Friday (Wes's b-day) we got 10 in. of snow in 4hrs. The girls were sent home early from school. There is no doubt that we are going to have a White Christmas - I am just hoping we do not have a snowed-in Christmas:P



Thursday, Audrey went caroling at the Senior citizens home and at a few other businesses in the community. She has been practicing for weeks and was constantly singing and doing her little dance in preparation for the "Big Event" ... she was so cute. Did you know that they learn hanukkah and Kwanzaa songs also ... eveything has to be so politically correct.


This weekend we had the only family Christmas evernt of the season. We went to Shirley's (Wes's oldest sister) for the girls to exchange gifts with their cousins. Audrey and Hannah each got a Build-A-Bear ...

Attention Grandma: Hannah named her Bear "Violet."

I have about 95% of the Christmas shopping done, that is happy. Hannah has her school Christmas party today, Audrey's is tomorrow. They also have a school sing-a-long tomorrow. Christmas break starts on Wednesday and so does Wes's vacation. Yay!!!

0 comments: