Monday, December 22, 2008

The Art of the Sale

The second week in December Wes and I did the bulk of the girls Christmas shopping at Target. I am not going to bore you with the details of everthing that we bought for them (there is a point to this blog). One of the items we purchased was the Target Disney Doll Set with 7 of the Princesses in it for $59. Well on Tuesday I was in Target and saw the same Princess set on sale for $42.99 - that is an $18 difference! I asked one of the clerks about their price adjustment policy and she said you have 7 days. I thought that was stupid because I bought it more than 7 days ago ... so I went home, unwrapped it, got my receipt, and returned it. They gave me $64 and some change, I then went to to the toy aisle, picked up the same set for $42.99, and The Little Mermaid 2 ($19.99). I went to the cashier and paid a $4 difference for the set and the movie. Now that is what I call getting your money's worth. I took it home, wrapped it back up, and put it under the tree. The girls did not have a clue. Take that price adjustment Grinches.

I have seen so many ridiculous sales this season that I am glad Wes and I waited until this last week to do each other's Christmas shopping. I am keeping my eyes open for any other sales items we have previously purchased. Happy shopping:)

1 comments:

marcie said...

Doesn't it just make you feel so superior to their stupid loopholes! It's like, they HAVE to know that people are smarter than them, so why don't they just change it. Way to go!