Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Persuasion

Great Grandma gave the girls Apples to Apples Jr. for Christmas (they love it).


Here's the set-up: Hannah was the judge for this hand. The green card was 'Frightening'. Wes played the red card 'Power Drill' and I played 'Airplane,' Audrey's card was not frightening so she had no chance of winning this hand.
You could say that Wes and I are pretty competitive people ... so much in fact that we forgot that we need to nurture our 6 year old, not convince her that all her worse fears are going to come true. I started telling Hannah that planes crash and burn and fall from the sky and that is REALLY frightening. Wes is telling her that power drills can go right threw people. Wes looked at me and started laughing and we realized what we were doing ... can you say traumatized? It didn't seem to phase Hannah ... she is so loyal to me that she was going to pick my card anyway. So she picked Airplane (which made me happy), but we are going to have to watch ourselves the next time we play.


2 comments:

princessica said...

it looks like fun was had by all on christmas! hence the bursting with joy smiles! These are some beautiful little girls jenny and Wes. You are doing a terriffic job at raising them! Love you!

princessica said...

I just read it again and I am laughing out loud at what you and wes said to your kids! such dark humour! I LOVE IT! ( so bad!)