Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fabulous Five...NOT!!!!

It is amazing how a couple of years can go by and you forget the hardest stage of your child's life so far. I think five was just so unbelievably hard with Audrey that I blocked it out, unfortunately Hannah is helping my selective memory.
People will tell you that the terrible twos, traumatic threes are the worst but in my opinion five is beyond crazy difficult. I love Hannah with everything that I am and then some but there has been at least a dozen times today alone, that I have wanted to ship her off to Siberia. At least this time around (I guess that is why they say your second + child is easier) I know we are going to get through this bad attitude, selective hearing and outright disobedient stage. When Audrey did this it scared Wes and I so bad, we just did not know what we were doing wrong...come to find out nothing, it was just Audrey being five. The thing that gets me is that Hannah was such an easy going, mild mannered kid and now she is developing this completely opposite disposition. Audrey was never easy, I think in a way it made it easier to understand. Though Audrey at 7 is really nice.
The only remedy I know for this five year old malady, is the same one that worked on Audrey, buckle down and make them remember you are in charge (even though your not feeling like it). I know she is just flexing her boundaries and her emotional muscles but that does not make it any easier and I hate having to discipline her every five seconds, but if that is what it takes then so be it, she is worth it:)

1 comments:

princessica said...

Oh my goodness, I can relate! Braedan is now 6 ( just) and is fully in the stage that you were describing.
I can sooooo relate!
love you to bits and pieces, and I am here for you if you ever need to vent!
xoxo Jessica