Monday, May 12, 2008

Baby Animals and Fondue!!

Wes and the girls took me to Buffalo (2.5 hrs West of Syracuse) for a Mother's Day gift. They know how I like to travel and go to new places, so of course they took me the Buffalo Zoo!! It was so fitting because I have never seen so many baby animals (Wes and I have been to over 20+ zoos) it seemed so perfect for Mother's Day.

My babies with the baby Tigers!!

The Mommy giving the baby a bath.

Baby Rhino, the first one I have ever seen.

Baby Polar Bear

Baby Speckled Bear

This Bear was not a baby but he was a riot. He loved having all the attention:)

Baby River Otters
After the Zoo, Wes and the girls took me to the Melting Pot for dinner. It is a fondue restaurant. Wes and I have been to Melting Pots on several occasions in other parts of the country but the one in Buffalo just recently opened. I was very excited to be able to take the girls for fondue, it is something I have wanted to do ever since they were little. Wes and I went to a Melting Pot in North Carolina back in '99 and back then I thought there would not be a better date, but I was wrong. To have my children share that food experience with me so many years later was so fulfilling as a Mother, it made the occasion.



It has been a long time since I have been able to enjoy Mother's Day and I am thankful that I have healed enough through the love of my husband and children to be able to share the emotion of the day with them. I have learned that Mother's Day and Father's Day are just as important to the children as they are to the parents. The girls were so excited and happy. I am also so happy that they are good shoppers and helped Wes pick out my new Vera Bradley purse, and I did not have to help, it was exactly the one I wanted. I was truly spoiled.

One final note, I am thankful that the car did not get a flat tire this year and decided it did not need a gift. We got a flat tire two years in a row on Mother's Day weekend!!!

2 comments:

princessica said...

woo hoo! I am so happy that you had such an enjoyable weekend Jenny, thats awesome. I loved the pictures of all the animals, and you and the girls. you are so loved, everyday of the year!
xoxo Jessica
ps, explain or take a pic of the new purse! I want to see! new purses are the best :)

none said...

sounds like a perfect Mother's Day! I've never seen a baby rhino either :)