Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We Got Maized

We had taken the girls mini golfing a few weeks ago and there was a maze. I told the girls that we would go back and do the maze...Wes and I decided to do it this weekend. To start off with, the place was about 40 minutes from the house...we got there and everybody cost $4.00 each (at least when you play mini golf, Hannah is free). I asked the guy how big the maze was and he said it was pretty big, so in my idiocy I handed him over the money. We punched our cards with the start time to see how fast we could find all the letters in the word "MAZE" scattered through the maze and depending on how fast you were you got a prize. We got done in 11 minutes...we paid $16 for 11 minutes and the girls got a lollypop. I felt like marching back to the cashier and demanding a refund. We got so ripped. They have these huge corn mazes out here that you pay a few bucks to go through and your lost for days...now that is getting your money's worth.
(We did eat corn on the cob that night for dinner...get it? Maized!!!)

On a really great note; Audrey rode her bike by herself for the very first time this weekend. It truly is a miracle!!!

You may be saying to yourself, "She is almost 8..."

Audrey is wired differently then most of us. You can give her Twain, Shakespeare or any book, ask her to read it (and she's done in a matter of hours), write a 10 page paper, and then teach the book to others, but getting her to do anything that has physical coordination is a big challenge. Her mind just gets too wrapped up in trying to "solve the problem," when there isn't any. When she finally rode her bike, we were so proud, and , I did cry.

2 comments:

princessica said...

Its such a miracle when little ones learn to ride a bike- I am the same- I feel emotional just reading that story. Everyopne has their own time line, dont fret that she's 8 and without training wheels- each in their own.

I wondered about going to the corn maze in maple ridge this weekend- hmmmm...I'll call ahead now to see what the real deal is.

xoxoxox your the best.

princessica said...

ps- good one on the "maized" hahahahahaa your funny!