Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lucky # 8

Today Wes and I celebrate our 8th Wedding Anniversary. The #8 is very lucky in Chinese lore and twice as lucky celebrated in 2008. Wes and I have been showered with so many blessings of luck through our whole marriage that I am really looking forward to the great things to come this year.

I want my husband to know how much I adore and cherish him. Our marriage has been full of so many extremes, but the one constant is that I can always count on our love pulling us through...we have are own modern fairy tale.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments, love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark,
That looks on tempest and is never shaken:
It is the star to every wand' ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Loves's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come,
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom:
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

William Shakespeare

Of course, I gave him a card with two penguins on it, but I thought Shakespeare would express my words more eloquently.

Wes gave me two cards one with these cute little stuffed animals (which he loves and thinks is the cutest thing next to slice bread, and so do I) and the following;

There aren't enough words to tell you I love you,
Not enough ways to show you I care,
Not enough laughter and good times to wish you,
Not enough wonderful moments to share...
A million bright mornings would not be too many,
Long evenings forever would still be too few,
For I need you and love you so much that it seems
There aren't enough days in a lifetime with you.

We are going to be celebrating our anniversary in October. It is hard when you have every other celebration happening in the same month, we should have planned better:P So here is to lucky #8 .... and lets face it, if anyone needs luck, it is me. Love you Rabbit!!!! (Hey, you have a lucky rabbits foot...ha, ha, ha)

2 comments:

princessica said...

happy anniversary pumkin strudel!
and I wish you the happiest of lifetimes together. forever and always!

Cristine said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....lucky rabbits foot!!! Only Jen...what an adorable post! You guys are so different but yet so right for each other...I know very few couples that are as right for each other as you guys are! May this year be the luckiest and happiest one yet!! Of course that all of the other ones that follows will be just as great! Love you guys and happy anniversary