Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Faux Pas

We had some of our friends over on Saturday for dinner. After dinner we played the game Apples to Apples (see Cris, I do listen to you, I went and bought the game). For any of you who have not played Apples to Apples the object of the game is to match up red apple cards (these are random cards with names of people, places or things) with a green apple card (these are description cards with words like...loveable, miserable, majestic) the judge picks the red apple card that matches best with the green apple card. The judge changes every hand...you need 8 green apple cards to win.

I was the judge for the following round and the green apple card for the round was LUCKY (so the card that best describes the word lucky) everyone had given me their red apple cards and the first card I flipped over said ANNE FRANK. Oh my gosh, I thought I was going to pee my pants, I was laughing so hard. I had tears running down my face. Our neighbor did not know who Anne Frank was and was just trying to get rid of that card...she felt so bad when we explained that Anne and her whole family were murdered in a Concentration camp by the Nazis. Not exactly lucky:P

3 comments:

marcie said...

Talk about an "unlucky" time to play that card. But that is what that game is all about, trying to make the most absurd combinations... I would just recommend not offending the entire Jewish community while you're at it :)

marcie said...

It can be played either way. since it is up to the complete discretion of the judge, they can basically pick what they think is funniest, the closest match, the furthest match, etc. At least that is how we play it; I'm not exactly sure what the rules say!

Cristine said...

Yes Marcie, that's how you play the game...you need to know the judge and try to guess if the judge will go with the funniest...the closest or the most off the wall answer. That's what makes it fun...trying to guess! :)
Jenn...Anne Frank??!!!! Wow...I'm surprised that she didn't know who that was...I'm Brazilian and I KNOW...was she not raised here?! :/ Well...talked about the most off the wall answer! lol...did you pick that one?! Hugs