Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Audrey's B-day Party

I am so happy that birthday season is over for now!!!

Audrey wanted everything decorated in blue and white, so the house looked like a BYU Pep Rally...this was not good, I am a UTES fan all the way. So I bought silver and purple chocolates, purple and white flowers and scattered Little Pet Shop toys all around the house. That really added to the birthday ambience.

Audrey had 10 kids come to her party, I also had 5 adults to help me, that was nice. I found out that a bunch of 8-9 year olds are a bigger handful than 5-6 year olds...weird, huh, even with adult help. When the kids first got to the party they made nametags for their stuffed animals and then everyone went around the room and introduced their animals. Then they made foam elephants, gorillas and lions on popsicle sticks for their animal to play with. This was a fun craft but I am very happy that Wes and I made some the day before because it was not as self-explanatory as I would have liked.
We ate baked ziti, salad and bread. We played a couple of games. Wes drew the cutest picture of a Little Pet Shop toy dog and they played pin-the-bow-on-the-dog. Audrey then opened her gifts. She got a lot of books, a gift cert to the book store and some money to go and buy books. She was in heaven. She also got some clothes, 2 webkins and the movie Annie. Wes and I gave Audrey her American Girl Doll Felicity...it was love at first-sight. All the other kids were so envious and I was happy that for once Wes and I were able to give Audrey something she really wanted. We paid sooooo much money (a note for grandma; about $130, it is a doll from her favorite series of books, very good quality) for that doll, but it was worth every penny. Hannah can't wait until she is 8 so she can get hers. We told the girls if they wanted any others that they would have to save up their allowance and by the dolls themselves.

We then had my French Chocolate cake decked out in a Little Pet Shop motif and I bought candles that the flames were different colors when they were lit. Very cool. The only thing that would have made her happier is if she would have had family and close friends to celebrate with. Audrey had mentioned several times in the last few weeks how much she misses everyone.

All in all, I think Audrey had a very good birthday:)

1 comments:

Cristine said...

Sounds like Audrey had a great time!!! I'm so glad she was able to get the doll that she wanted! I wish b-day season was over for us so we could start to save up for Christmas...just a note...Toys are going to really clime up on prices for Christmas...get your shopping done now if you are buying any toys! I love the pic of the cake that you made...looked great and very yummy too!!! 8-9 are harder to take care of because they are harder to entertain...5-6 years old are always happy to do whatever you have for them!!! Or at least that has been my experience!