Monday, March 10, 2008

Ice Skating Part Deux

We went to Watertown (1 hour north of Syracuse) this weekend for my niece Delaney's 10th birthday. Wes and I were quite worried about taking the girls skating again, the first time around was not fun. Second time was the charm, Hannah took to the ice like a fish to water in this case frozen water she skated for 2.5 hours straight!! Audrey, the stubborn child put up a great deal of resistance, Wes made her a deal that if she skated he would too. That did the trick, Audrey got on the ice and saw that other people were falling and that she did have to be perfect she relaxed and had a great time. My girl really thinks hard before giving something new a try, but I was very proud to see her picking up speed and zipping around with a great big smile on her face. She was sad when it was time to go. The girls had these walkers to balance and skate with, I wish we would of had something like that when I was little, I think my butt would of been a lot less sore. I think Wes actually enjoyed learning how to skate and he did not fall. It was very nice having my family skating with me and doing an activity that I love so much!!


Delaney

Delaney and Danielle
Danielle is 6 months older than Audrey, they are favorite cousins

Wes's older sister Shirley

Hannah having a grand time

Audrey conquering the ice

Marcie look a skating picture!!


Hannah pushed herself around for two and half hours

1 comments:

marcie said...

It's true! Jenny "the skating whiz" wonder takes to the ice!! Love the pics. Sorry I've been a bit MIA on the blogging action, but I did read everything you've written (yes, I have also discovered the beautiful invention of google reader) and can I just say that I loved Wes' rant on health care. Our system takes complete advantage of us, and they are 100% aware of it. As for Hannah getting sick, I do hope your precious baby gets well. Feeling yucky is the worst!