Monday, November 26, 2007

I Am Thankful For.....

This last week was full of things to be thankful for. I am surprised by how the simplest things can help you appreciate the gifts that surround you. Audrey had a school project to build a mouse diorama for school, I am very thankful that Wesley is such a gifted artist, and can help Audrey build amazing projects. We decided to do a Ratatouille house and Audrey could not have been happier with it.




Audrey has teeth falling out left and right, the Tooth Fairy can not keep up with how fast they are coming out of her mouth. Audrey lost a tooth the day after Thanksgiving and I am ashamed to say that the Tooth fairy forgot to come and make the switch.
Audrey got up the next morning and said that the Tooth fairy did not come but she was not disappointed, she said that she had another one that was ready to come out, and the Tooth fairy was waiting for two teeth instead of just one because she knew.
After dinner that night Audrey lost another tooth. I am thankful that my 7 year is much wiser than I when it comes to understanding something that could of been potentially very disappointing. The Tooth fairy came that night and Audrey woke up the next morning and said she knew that was what the Tooth fairy was up too!!




I am thankful that we had were able to have family & friends come for Thanksgiving dinner. I made a five course meal. I am thankful that my friends Paul and Janice helped me cook this yummy dinner so that I would not kill myself doing it. It took me 3 days to make it w/ their help. It is really nice to have friends who also know how to cook. They were my sioux chefs, I should ask Wes to get me a sioux chef for Christmas this year.

Course one was a olive and cheese plate that had several different types of yummy cheeses and olives.


Course two - Butternut Bisque soup.

Course three - Spinach salad with dried cherries, red grapes, apples, scallions and goat cheese.

The main course - Maple Roasted Turkey with Sage Butter and Apple Smoked Bacon, Cranberry Orange Compote, Yams (grandma's of course), Mashed Potatoes w/crem fresh and olive oil, Broccoli with a Morray sauce (a white cheese sauce), Cippolini Agrodolce (onions in red wine vinegar and balsamic), white rolls and of course cinnamon rolls


Dessert - Apple pie, Wild Berry pie and a Pumpkin I also made Mulled Apple Cider.

I am thankful that I do not have to cook Christmas dinner this year:)

I am also thankful that the girls got to go outside and play in the snow with their cousins the day after Thanksgiving, I am glad that it is melting now and maybe we will get a few weeks break before we get slammed with snow for the season. Did you know that Syracuse gets more snow than anywhere else in the United States.

I am THANKFUL that I have family to read this blog!!! Love you all!!!!!

1 comments:

Megan said...

That food looks SO YUMMY!

very very cute mouse house.

YaY! for the tooth fairy!

nay- to the snow. . .