Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Does Your Car Want A Christmas Present?

I have been so busy these last couple of weeks. We are all finally healthy with the exception of a few sniffles here and there. I have been busy making the Christmas cards, Wes finished drawing them before Thanksgiving and I had 35 to color by hand, each one taking an hour. I have only 11 left to do (that is on top of the 35), I am more than thrilled to be mailing them out of this house. Wes took orders at work for the Christmas card but I we will be printing those out in color, I refuse to hand color 30 more.

Wesley got his Christmas bonus last Friday!!!!! Yeah it was a very, very good Christmas bonus. 8.5% of his total gross income for last year. I have had to wait to do the Christmas shopping until it came, so I have been rushing around with my head cut off trying to get it all done. I guess that would explain me LOCKING the KEYS in the CAR. The last time I had the pleasure of looking at my keys siting in the car laughing at me was 3 yrs ago when we moved to Canada. So the girls and I were at the mall and it is 7:30 and we are already running late, it is almost their bedtime and I go to get my keys and can not find them anywhere. Then low and behold there they are sitting on the front seat laughing at me. So I march the girls back into Lords and Taylor and ask them to call mall security. They told me that they would be around soon to let me into the car. Audrey then informs me that she has to go to the bathroom. Dilemma what do I do, take Audrey to the bathroom or watch for security to get into the car. What would you do? We waited for security. After about 30 minutes and Audrey is doing the pee pee dance pretty bad by now. I go back in and get them to call security again. They said they would be there any minute.....15 minutes later, they show up. A girl in her early 20's that worked at Lords and Taylor noticed my predicament of Audrey doing a new tribal dance so she offered to take Audrey to the bathroom. Yeah!!!!!
The security guard was very, very good looking and it was funny when he got the door opened a bit (he used a blood pressure cuff) he could not get the car unlocked because Dodge Neon's are very hard to unlock (about 5 min) he started to get embarrassed and I suggested that he just use the wire he was using and scoop the keys of the front seat and pull them through the door. We were very lucky that it had stopped snowing and that it was not as cold as it had been, at least I picked a good night to lock the keys in the car.

So Wesley and I have not been on date since the end of August for our anniversary (we celebrated early). I had finally got a babysitter and planned a date for us last Saturday. We went to see Beowulf in 3D, that was cool. Wes liked the movie more than I did, it is a manly mans movie. We leave the theater and go to get a couple of Christmas gifts for the girls and guess what, the car starts making this horrible shaking and knocking noise. Starts losing power and a bad smell is coming from the engine. I can not write what was said because it is not appropriate for this blog but it was not good. We were 45 minutes from home and it is 11:00 at night. We pulled over and Wes decided to put some oil in the car and we actually made it home. Well it is now Sunday and no garages are open so we decided to take it to a Jiffy Lube and the kind, wonderful, man ran a diagnostic test on the car (for free) and told us it was just a blown spark plug. Yeah!!!!!! We ran across the street and bought a spark plug from Auto Zone and Wes changed it out. The car just wanted a Christmas present. Thank goodness it did not want something expensive.

I had promised Audrey that if she got good grades that we would have a mommy daughter date and I would take her to the 4 star restaurant around the corner from the house. She got straight A's. So we go into Daniel's Grill for lunch and they seat us (Wes and I have been there a few times....GREAT food) and they gave us our menus and then the waitress came back with a kids menu and crayons. I told her that we did not need them and that Audrey was celebrating and got to have anything she wanted off the menu. The waitress looked at me funny, I guess she does not know many children like Audrey, her favorite food is sushi. The waitress came back and Audrey ordered the Salmon...you should of seen the waitresses mouth drop to the floor, it was quite funny. Audrey enjoyed her salmon but did tell me mine was much better:) She is such a good daughter.

I took the girls to go and get their haircuts. Audrey's hair was to her butt so we cut off about 2.5 inches and I made the executive decision to cut Hannah's into a bob. Wes wanted to grew Hannah's hair out also but it is hard enough having Audrey's hair to take care of.


I think Hannah looks adorable with a bob and so does her Daddy!!!

0 comments: