Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'll Take Gerbil For 1000 Alex...

I got a phone call from Hannah's teacher this evening. She asked me if I could send in our bag of Gerbil food so she could take it to the School District. She needs to prove that there is indeed a Gerbil food without nuts, so that Hannah's class can procure the classroom Gerbil. I really hope that they're getting a Gerbil that can juggle or swallow swords...what a hassle. On the same "Gerbil" note; Ms. Buso (Hannah's teacher) asked me if our Gerbil died today and that she was sorry. I told her that Indiana Jones died about 2.5 months ago. I guess Hannah finally felt comfortable talking about it in class, just not the specifics. That is Hannah for you, Hannah Standard Time. Ms. Buso felt really bad...I told her not to worry, that we had another Gerbil, Mocha Joe, and she was still alive and kicking. Though...two nights ago when I was putting the girls to bed we passed by her cage and she way laying in her cage and looked like she was dead...we shook the cage (I know, Shaken Gerbil Syndrome) and she did not move. I thought for sure she had died but when I started to really give up hope. Mocha got up, looked at us and went into her little house. She is always taunting me!!! She was probably thinking I would open the door to check on her and she would make a run for it...ha, ha...I am on to her evil plan.

In other news we took the car into shop before it could ask for it's Christmas Present. I am really hoping that the car will take note of the effort and leave our Christmas bonus alone. We ended up having to have some extensive work on the front end (tie rods, bushings etc...) and had to get 4 new tires. I told the shop that I only had a $1000 to spend. I smiled pretty and they gave us two 20% off discounts, 10% for AAA, and a $50 rebate on the tires. The total came to $999.71. Good Stuff:)
Whenever I have to put that much money down to fix the car or something in the house I always think of how many clothes or Little Pet Shop toys I could buy with a thousand dollars. The car is driving like a dream, so I guess I can cope:P

0 comments: