Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Non-Violent Revolution

No matter what your political views I am so happy to have witnessed with my own eyes the wonder of the United States' democracy in action. It was marvelous. We had a Non-Violent Revolution. People are dying by the hundreds-of-thousands (Congo) or have fought wars for years on end and still were not able to accomplish the same thing that happened peacefully on Nov 4th. That is the true Majesty of this country. I was very proud to be an American, very happy to be a Veteran, very happy just to be a part of history. Honestly there have been many times this election year that I was happier to be a Canadian. I am lucky and blessed to have two countries to call my own.
I have waited a few days to write this blog because I know that Wes' and my political views are the minority in the family. I am just so happy that in my lifetime, I was able to witness a black man elevated to the highest office in the land and to have heard his acceptance speach. People will talk about that night for generations.

2 comments:

Miss Psych Nurse said...

YAY! Obama '08! Honestly Jenny, I had no faith in the American people. I wanted Obama to win but I was prepared for (UGH) John Macain, really, I did not think Obama would win. I made the kids at the youth centre watch the election with me and I was brought to tears when Obama was announced! What a great day for you! You must be so proud! We are up here in Canada...see, some of your family (the proud Canadian ones!) support your political views! Now if only you lived in California and could do something about proposition 8...UGH. :)

princessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.