Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Question?

Well it finally happened, Audrey asked the question that we have both been dreading; Wes was lucky enough to be at work when it happened. How are babies made? I thought I was prepared, we had discussed how we were going to explain "it" but until you are in the situation you just don't know how you are going to handle it. I had the Snoopy & Woodstock Encyclopedia that taught me everything I needed to know about where babies came from. Why do I not have that book anymore!!! Telling her that the stork brings the baby, just does not cut it. I wish I could tell her it was as simple as going to a special isle in the grocery store... "Mark we need more babies on isle 12."

I don't know if she saw the fear in my eyes but I felt like I just wanted to run and hide or throw-up. I stumbled over my words a bit and then pointed at my tummy and said that I have baby making parts and daddy has baby making parts and then a baby is made. This did not satisfy Audrey, she then asked how the daddy and mommy parts made the baby, I then responded it is like making a cake, (of course I went to food) I have some ingredients and daddy has some ingredients. I was hoping that this would be good enough for her but guess what it wasn't she wanted to know how they got mixed together. The terror took me over, I ran to the bathroom and shut the door and told her I did not feel well. Yes, I am a coward!!! Thank goodness for Hannah because the next thing I hear is you take some sugar, salt and water and mix it with a spoon and you get a baby and Audrey was like O' I understand now.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! So glad Hannah was around to straighten things out...:)