Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Am Woman Hear Me Squeak!!!

First I want to start off by saying how Thankful and Grateful I am for Danielle being safe and sound from a very scary situation.
I promised Danielle that I would write a blog about the animal in the pantry, so here it is;

Last spring (we were still living in the old house) I was home with the girls and had just put them to bed. I came downstairs and heard a rustling noise coming from the kitchen pantry. At first I thought perhaps one of the gerbils had gotten out and needed a cereal fix. I looked up the stairs and both gerbils were safe and sound in their cage. Amazing I know. So then I thought a mouse, we have had mice in the house before but when I really started thinking about it... there would have had to be a heard of mice in the pantry for that amount of noise. Picture the animal you don't want in your house and all of those were pretty much what I thought were in the pantry. Even the animals that are only indigenous to Africa and Australia, irrational I know.
So I did what any smart 30 year old would do and I called my 16 year old sister thousands a miles away. "Danielle, Danielle (in a high squeaky voice) there is something in my pantry?" she was pretty much like "Huh, what is in your pantry?" I told her I did not know, she strongly encouraged me to find out...I was the biggest scaredy cat ever...I slowly crept up to the door (this took me 5 minutes of encouragement) and flung it open and let out this scream "A SQUIRREL!!!" Danielle started hysterically laughing at me, you would of thought with all the noise and disturbance I was making the squirrel would of ran out the pantry but no he or she was very happy with the smorgasbord and was not about to leave. Danielle has now instructed me to open up the door to the garage from the kitchen and somehow shew the squirrel out of the house. Now for all of you reading this, have you ever shewed a squirrel? It is not as easy as you might think. Danielle is laughing so hard that she is crying and I am trying not to pass out from fear because I am thinking with my luck this squirrel has rabies or is going to attack me any minute. I get the broom and very slowly but screaming the whole way I knock the squirrel out of the pantry. Everyone copes differently and my mind went to hockey, the squirrel was the puck and the broom the hockey stick and I batted that poor thing out the door. I felt so bad but very relieved at the same time. I opened up the garage door and the squirrel ran outside probably thinking I was not very hospitable.

My sister was still laughing but for some reason made me feel safe and sound and yes I conquered that squirrel.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's great! your canadian roots saved you from the squirrel! only a canadian would think " hockey" at such a time! I'm sure you didnt hurt the squirrel. I'm glad Danielle is safe from whatever bad situation she was in! and that the love she has for you gave you confinence to face dun dun dun dunnnnnn the squirrel.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

ps the comment was left from me, jessie...It's not accepting my sign in password, so I have to comment this way right now...

princessica said...

this a test to see if a pic comes up

Megan said...

What is it with crazy super squirrels and our family? At least you didn't have a gofer in your house. Those are MUCH bigger than hockey pucks. . .I know from experience! :)

Megan said...

I think it's time we make you a new header. . .as soon as I get MY computer up and running. My photoshop expired, and Joe doesn't have my other program on his computer. :(