Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Update

The weather is beautiful and the snow is gone. I am so happy. Even though we are going to go through another cold snap I am happy that the sun is shining.

I thought it was about time that I updated my blog. I guess I will start with Valentines. Wes and I went out to a nice little Mexican restaurant. It is really hard to find good Mexican food around here, but this one meets my high standards. We went and saw Taken afterwards with Liam Neason. Great movie!!! It was so refreshing to pay a ton of money at the theater and actually feel like we got our monies worth.

We took the girls to Rochester over President’s Day weekend and went to the Science Center and Imax. We saw a Dinosaur movie…it was ok. The movie suggested that Dinosaurs are now birds. I don’t know if I would pay that much money to go do it again. I love taking the girls to do new things and get them to explore and find out about new things. We have been watching The Muppet Show with the girls. I LOVE that show, I really wish that they would bring back The Muppet Show for primetime now. It would be so refreshing to have such a great family show on TV. Not to mention that great pool of celebrities they would be able to take advantage of. I mean who would not want to do a skit with Kermit!!
We saw the movie Australia, great movie. Transporter 3 is really good too. We took the girls to Race to Witch Mountain, it was ok I would wait for DVD for that one. I have been watching Veronica Mars…Cris you need to get them on Netflix for you to watch when Chad is not home. Great show!!! So impressed and it is good.

Audrey had her State Reading and Math Tests and I am glad that they are done. I personally think they are a waste of time. They could have been doing so much more in class. Audrey scored 100% on the Reading Pre-Tests and 96% on the Math Pre-tests. We will not have her scores back from the actual tests until next year. Audrey is doing really well in school. Audrey is now working on the school play and doing reading projects. She is also writing a report on the Chinese Silk Road. Did you know that a woman discovered how to make silk? Cool huh!!

Hannah is finally starting to blossom academically, not to mention she has grown 2 inches this year. Wes and I have taken over her education at home. We have been so disappointed with how this year of Pre-first has turned out. We made a mistake by not putting her into first grade. We should have gone with our first decision. Hannah is not happy at school and her teacher has not done anything that we were promised. Hannah has been having school with me for two hours after she gets home. She is now reading fluently, writing and counting up to 100 and we have been working on her printing. We are so disappointed in her schooling (not in her) but at least we have the means and the time to give Hannah what she needs so she can be successful. Wes is going to be giving her class an Art lesson on Thursday. Hannah is very excited.

Wes got an EXCELLENT review at work for the year!!! I am so proud of him. I am still cleaning houses and watching the kid next door but I am thinking that in the next few months that is going to be changing. I am so ready for something new.

We bought some new furniture for the house a new coffee table and a couple of end tables. I am happy with how the living room is shaping up. We finally bought the girls a new dresser (and matching bookcase). They put their NEW Disney Princess TV on it (that is a whole other blog). Yay!!! Not to mention now we don’t have to put their clothes in plastic bins or hang everything up.

For those of you who do not know my Mom was in a car accident a few weeks ago and it has been really hard not being in Salt Lake to take care of her. I hate being so far away…especially when someone you love has been hurt and needs you. I am looking forward to seeing her in Texas at the end of next month.

That is all for now. I am really going to try to get back into my groove of blogging.

2 comments:

princessica said...

I really enjoyed reading this blog of yours, as I always do. You are such a wonderful cousin, and I love you to bits and pieces.

I almost bought myself that disney princess tv when I was in my early 20's- it is very very cute! I am excited for you that you got some new furniture! I always adore new furniture- its such a refreshing addition.
You deserve it.
Try not to worry about your momma, I know what its like, as my moms in a wheelchair right now! Just keep praying and sending love and call her. Love you,
Jessie

Cristine said...

I'm sorry to hear that your Mom was in a car accident! How is she doing? My Mom was in one too last month but thankfully she came out of it ok! So I know how scary it is to be far way! :(
It's always hard to know if we are making a good decision or not when it comes to our kids schooling...but I'm glad that you guys decided to take over for her because she couldn't get better education than from you guys! Juls was having a hard time with her teacher too...a blog subject for one of this days...so I too decided that I'm better for the job than her teacher is...wish I could afford private schooling for all of my kids! I have been spending some money in the house lately too...must be the "nesting" time in me! ;) Or not... :) It's the why not buy it side of me! ;) I almost have the girls room the way that I want! Well better get going...almost time to go pick up Bellamie...hugs and moo